About Travel Agency License:

Considering starting a the tourism business in the UAE? Now is the perfect time for it. Dubai has millions of tourists flocking into the city daily – shopping, dining and taking in Dubai’s tourist sites.

This growth is highly supported by the Dubai government, which has transformed the city into a travel and leisure destination with an influx of 20 million visitors per year.

Popular Licenses


Book your free consultation

Please enter First Name.

Please enter Last Name.

<!– –>
<!– –>

Invalid Phone Number

<!– –>

Please enter email.

<!– –>

UAE Travel Agency : Requirements

Want to know if getting involved in the tourism industry might be the right business choice for you? Let’s go over the steps for a tourism business set up in the UAE. There are many business streams in travel and tourism. First, ask yourself :

  • Do you want to sell plane tickets or travel insurance?
  • Do you want to market and provide tourism package deals?
  • Do you want to work with the government to provide visitors with visa support?
  • Do you want to work in hospitality with hotels and restaurants?
  • Do you want to design a traveler’s mobile application?


Business registration in the UAE involves specific regulations for running a travel business including applying for the right license.

Generally, there are four types of licenses :

  • Travel company license
  • Inbound travel operator license
  • Travel agency license
  • Outbound travel operator license

Operational Requirements

Tourism companies in the UAE are significantly regulated by the government and it enforces certain operational requirements. For example, travel companies must have travel agents, handle visa procedures and have insurance policies that support the implementation of their licenses.

Marketing and Branding

Once you’ve decided on your tourism startup business in the UAE and have completed the legal compliances, it’s time to start thinking about marketing and branding activities.

Cost for travel agency license

Get an estimate for your desired business in your desired currency in under a minute with this cost calculator


Cost Calculator

Step {{ item.step }} of {{ formSteps.length }}

Please choose a business activity.

Please choose a office space.

Please add number of owners.

Please add number of visa.

Please enter First Name.

Please enter Last Name.

<!– –>

Invalid Phone Number

Please enter email.

Please choose a Nationality.

Why choose Decisive Zone as your UAE business setup specialists?

  • To help you with the right market options for you.
  • To choose the right location for your business setup.
  • Suggest different forms of company structures.
  • Suggest different activities you can include in the Travel Agency license to maximize benefits.
  • We take care of the paperwork and approvals.

General requirements

  • Sponsor’s passport with residence visa and Emirates ID
  • Dependents’ passport copies
  • Dependents’ passport-size photo
  • Attested marriage certificate (MOFA, country attestation, Arabic translation)

Minimum salary requirements:

  • For male expatriates: AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation.
  • For female expatriates: AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation.
  • The minimum monthly salary to sponsor parents and parents-in-law is AED 20,000.

Proof of relationship and dependency:

  • Marriage certificate (attested & translated copy).
  • Birth certificate for children (attested & translated copy).
  • With a non-objection certificate from the biological parent for stepchildren.
  • With legal adoption papers for adopted children.
  • Sponsor’s birth certificate for parents.
  • Additional documents to show proof of parents’ dependency may be required.

A sponsor may also apply for dependent visas for parents-in-law by submitting a marriage certificate and the spouse’s birth certificate. In this way, a connection between the sponsor and the parents-in-law can be established.

Proof of domicile:

The sponsor must be able to show that the dependent will have a decent place to stay while residing in the UAE, that the domicile will have enough rooms for the number of dependents, and that the domicile actually has active utilities.

  • Tenancy contract or title deed.
  • At least 1 bedroom for immediate family – spouse and children.
  • At least 2 bedrooms for extended family – parents or parents-in-law.
  • Recent utility bills (DEWA, SEWA, ADDC, etc.)

In addition to this, family members over 18 years of age have to pass the medical fitness test from a health centre approved by the UAE government.